- Over 15 years software quality assurance experience as a QA Lead with a focus on e-commerce testing, related to banking and credit card systems.
- Certified Scrum Master with over three years working with Scrum framework using agile methodologies.
- My preferred environment would be working closely with Development and Design; pushing high quality code with a fast cadence.
Viewpoint Construction Software 9/2014 – 2/2016
- Delivered quality validation to constantly changing feature set while learning product and industry. Constantly gaining more understanding of union pay structure, state taxation process and general ledger billing.
- Worked with in Microsoft Team Foundation Server environment, with testing maintained in Microsoft Test Manager. These tools were used for tracking of Scrum and test activities.
- Worked as an on demand resource to assist in putting out fires and shoring up coverage when deadlines neared.
Symantec 4/2010- 5/2014
- Established QA practices for eCommerce Scrum teams and defined the QA role in the highly collaborative work or Scrum. Test case review also clears up confusion as it provides a check to assure Marketing, Development and QA all have a similar understanding of the how a project would be implemented.
- Extensive cross browser based site regression to provide a site wide checkup for small and medium business site. Coverage included multiple versions of IE, Firefox, Chrome and Safari testing.
- Used Fiddler and Firebug to debug web code and provide error information to developers.
- Created QA training process with goal of cross functional QA validation of site.
- Served as QA lead for scrum in all ceremonies. Presented Dev and Content teams with explanation of how projects would impact testing or require additional resources to validate. Explained potential problematic areas that were not noted by the design.
- Triaged issues within JIRA system, routing and prioritizing issues specific to small and medium business needs.
- Performed weekly validation and signoff for financial clearing file systems that connected with MasterCard accounting systems. Certified data warehouse testing for MasterCard reporting scripts which were used for billing of 3rd parties.
- Mobile testing of payment product on BREW and J2ME environments.
- Performed backend validation of the iPhone product. This included tailing logs, validating payments in the database and running processing scripts as needed.
- Created UNIX shell scripts to optimize process for backend testing saving. This cut the process from two hours to a few minutes and also allowed for someone with little knowledge of the functional area to validate the functionality continued working.
PayPal AN EBAY COMPANY 8/2002 - 10/2008
- Tested SW product for special releases and documented major functional areas ensuring compatibility and customer interface.
- Acted as domain expert for customer product support and provided training, guidance and troubleshooting for improved quality of customer service.
- Key contributor on projects bringing technical expertise, timely response and cost effective solutions. Lead and was domain expert for the PayPal complaint resolution process and the credit card chargeback systems. German banking and government compliance were also areas that feel under my responsibility.
- Tested and debugged live site for countless live code pushes verifying functionality and general availability of code. The deployment process required off peak hour deployment and track down and resolution of issue with a moment of notice.
- Provided support and documentation to offshore team members working in China, India and Ireland.
- Mentored team members and provided direction aiding them to gain technical expertise and ownership.
- Validated internationalized and localized banking flows. Germany was a special focus as their banking needs often differ with the US.
- Assured OFAC compliance in backend systems. This validation assured our system did not accept payment from specified countries and specifically designated national. Also there was a component that supported complying with information requests from law enforcement.