Tuesday, May 31, 2011

something for nothing

I just saw an article by some sort of Lifehack outfit. I guess they are trying to make you a better you. Alas its was much more a better you as perceived by them. Who are them? douche bags! For my purposes Lets consider the supposed observer of change, Them or The They if you will. No unknown is going to understand my path from here and beyond and certainly will not be able to judge their ideal against my vector and intercept point. Even my friends and family are of poor judgment they are supposed to like me. And I think I am great, but look who is telling me this. Here I arrive at the judge I do value, my offspring. For me any life hack is a dad hack and let us have at it.

Learn baseball to the ability to teach your child the basics. That probably extends to basketball and football or soccer and softball if you have girls. Lets face it I earned my basket balling nickname "Air ball", I don't want my girl to have to wear it too.

Fix crap. Just do, you fuck it up, then call in the pros. You succeed and its free labor and you will feel better of yourself. Otherwise no loss. You kids want to see you as able.

Walk off pain. A beer and a wash clothe should be sufficient medicine for 90% of wounds. Chalk it up to straight up chuck Norris machismo. Kids should see their parents as tough. Again they want to know they are in good hands.

Be thy master of the grill. Hamburgers and Hot dogs should be your go to meal. Grill! It is Manly! It is Dadly!

Be a scout. You needn't be Les Stroud, but you should be able to pitch a tent. You may be roped into setting up a camp out any summers night in your backyard. Or volunteered to supervise a scout trip when someone ends up sick. You should have that covered. Don't be the reason your kid can't do some long hoped for activity.

Take up Krav Maga. Something goes down your the one between your precious and the bad people. I ain't looking myself in the mirror if something I could have stopped happens.

Know the basics. Why is the sky blue. who built the pyramids. You sir are expected to be a one man trivia expert. Your kid it more testing your knowledge than caring about answers. You should be the first person to show your kids knowledge is valuable and worth worrying about.

Don't believe in Karma. Only the weak believe justice is going to happen on its own. The just set things right even when they don't want to bother.

No comments: