Thursday, August 08, 2013

Soda Fountain Odyssey: Lime Rickey results

I am not sure about my Lime Richey as I think i ended up with something closer to Taco Bell's Classic Limeade.  It was good but I am not sure if I hit the rickey.  I am going to track down some alcohol free bitters and see what that does for my results because I think I am looking for something crisper than I ended up with.

My mix was simple I used Nelle & Joe's Key West Lime Juice, Simple Syrup and Canada Dry Seltzer mixed to taste. 

It turned out cloudy like the picture shows which makes me think limeade rather than the Rickey. Its funny I tossed some salt in and it was pretty much a lime Gatorade with fizz.  I would actually drink it which I can not say for Gatorade that stuff is vile.  It was cool and refreshing with or without the salt and gave me the energy I needed to deal with my child not wanting to go to bed.  They had everything I needed at Now Hill grocery across the street I best most grocery stores with a decent booze department would too.

No comments: