Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Hopes for A song of Ice and Fire

Having been watching, reading and listening to the series awhile I have a few hopes for the series.  Some are general and some specific.  One I will mention that is down right impossible.

1. I would like to see more of Sandor Clegane.  I really don't need him to do anything specific, just more.   I know people have mentioned some further interaction with Sansa, but I don't know if that would go anywhere credible.  I would just like to see some further mention of him.  Perhaps Stranger getting lucky with Dany's Silver. 

2. Daario Naharis needs to be killed off by Jorah Mormont.  I hate the character , its everything bad about modern fantasy.  Its Elric and Drizzt wrapped in narcissism and smothered in blue hair sauce.  The character needs to go down hard.

3. Samwell Tarly need to confront and get the upper hand on his father in some respect.  I would expect it to be in some intellectual respect but just something so he sees he may have made a mistake.

4. Now impossible with the reforging of Ice into Oath Keeper I would have liked to seen Cersei beheaded by Ice.

5. As the series is shaping up to be Varys and littlefinger sparing I would like to see more of Varys come out.  Who was he and who is he.  Is he really a eunuch?  More of his motivations need to be revealed.  Their is a history but it seems more of a fabrication.

No comments: