Monday, July 16, 2012

A little Poem and some of my writing process

 Well this is a bit of a little poem and some of my recent writing process.  I was trying to write more plain language and convey my ideas simply.  So i just wrote what i wanted to say.  You can see that here in the beginning paragraphs.  From there I start working that into a poem.  I focused on the meter and cutting bits in and out to create a working rhythm. 


I wanted to write about the desert and thick seas of grass willowing under a blue sky that goes on forever. I wanted to take a turn western old and battered where the wood holds a hundred years of use and mourns out years without regret.

Something golden and dark under a burning sun whispering always of harvest.  With days taken slow and evenings spoken late.  Broken down drives under strange elder stars. 

What i wanted seemed to fail me.  It was all too romantic and made up.  Some dreamed vignette that set off tales long ago but not for me.  I was not to inherit birds or eagles but crows and seagulls.



I wanted to write of the desert
and thick grass seas willowing
under a blue sky that going forever

I wanted to take a turn western
old and battered where the wood holds
a hundred years of use and mourns out

I wanted Something golden and dark
under a burning suns whispers
always of harvest With days slow

I wanted broken down needing drives
under strange elder stars and eyes
But I arose coming up well short

What I wanted seemed to fail me
it was too romantic and made up
Dreamed tales long ago but for me

I wanted but was not to inherit
Birds or eagle but crows, seagulls
Suburban want forever left dreaming

No comments: