Friday, August 05, 2011

Bytes break into bits

This is a simple batch file I wrote to help me at work. My problem is that my work machine has tons of stuff running when it starts. I am a little unsure of removing this stuff as I use some of it and some of it was installed remotely buy IT. I can kill the process though and do so every day. To make things easier I came up with this.

taskkill /f /im communicator.exe
taskkill /f /im WindowsSearch.exe
taskkill /f /im VProTray.exe
taskkill /f /im Dell.ControlPoint.exe
taskkill /f /im sttray.exe
taskkill /f /im BTTray.exe
taskkill /f /im hidfind.exe
taskkill /f /im AESTFltr.exe
taskkill /f /im DCPSysMgr.exe
taskkill /f /im AeXAgentUIHost.exe
@ECHO off
ECHO done
PAUSE
@ECHO on

It kills some of the larger memory hogs on my machine and then lets me know its done. Maybe its something you can use.

No comments: