Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Toy Soldiers

As I have said before I have a couple of friend into miniature wargaming. I have long been tempted buy the genre and have even bought and sold off armies for both War Machine and Warhammer 40K.

These games have a lot of appeal to them in that they are set up and done. You play when you can and don't have the weekly commitment that RPG's have. The support for the games is also awesome. With trophies and little metals here and there, plus the clubs offer a great little world of weird friends or foes.

If I had the skill to paint and put together the models I wouldn't even lament the time as I could probably work something out after my family is asleep. Then again mine would look like crap as I don't have the skill.

If you really want to getting into War Machine the Ray's Ninja Hut Link on my favorite links is a great start. Ray is an expert player of 40K and War Machine and has great insight into the game.

Its just the playing I wouldn't have time for, Setting up my life to be able to attend every con or weekend tourney just isn't going to happen for me. I sometimes envy people with all the time to pursue their hobbies. And I have too many interest that are mine and not my wives or daughters. Why they hell am I even looking at airsoft guns.

No comments: