Monday, August 08, 2011

Used with conviction


I don't like showing off what I have, I mean buying something is not very hard. But I recently purchased an airsoft pistol and the experience wasn't as easy as I expected. My cousin and his son were talking about them ahttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifnd I got interested. They were talking about a sale big five sporting goods had going on, which I decided to check out.

The guns they had at big five looked like toys. They were Crossman spring guns in clear plastic. Obviously I was pretty unimpressed and decided to not make a purchase. I sort of put airsoft out of my mind until I saw a store alone the freeway called Airsoft Extreme. I stopped in one day and wow they have some very cool stuff. Going into the store I really had my eyes opened.

There are all sorts of guns, with different firing systems. Spring pretty much sucks, except in the crazy sniper rifles they had in the storhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gife then its great. There are battery powered guhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifns, co2 guns. And there are green gas blow back guns which are cool. They pretty much work as the real gun would simulating recoil. This is what I decided to go with.

I purchased a WE high capa 1911 pistol. I also looked at a 1911 by KWA I believe, it felt much better in my hand but not sixty five dollars better. Especially after firing the WE which was really fun. I really like the close simulation of the actual pistol. And that I can't kill myself with it, I consider this a plus. Working in software QA it's always a concern.

Searching around I found you can shoot airsoft at the range on Metcalf. Thought you probably will be mocked fiercely. Also there is a bay area airsoft group and a place you can play at called area48.

No comments: