Thursday, May 10, 2012

A story of dialysis, gencon and gary gygax's dice part 5

Brian was a noted card cheat as well; offering junk Magic card trades.  He returned to Derek and I, with well over two hundred dollars of card value in profit.  His gains would become more liquid at the convention, but now the cards wouldn't fill the tank.  My credit card continued to run up with both gas and food.  The pair free to use my card at gas stations, but I was needed to sign for food.  Cashiers would gape at me, when they helped me to pay.  My skin was a little grey at this time and I was sunken; somehow walking a line of gaunt and morbidly obese all at once.

I was driving with a handicapped plate which helped a bit with parking.  I was being given Femocrite but still I was struggling with my breath across the mountains. Even in Indianapolis the elevation was a struggle, compared to home.  San Jose was sea level, it was easier to breath with the anemic blood you were left with after a run.  Walking was a chore for me, I needed a breather after walking around the grocery store those days.

No comments: