Monday, August 13, 2012

De Profundis: Letter the fifth

My Fellow Gentlemen

A new chapter to our story is a foot.  Again returning to the location of my previous inquiry, I find the site further molested.  Now a poem has been emblazon upon a tree.  I am unsure of the origin though I suspect an Anglo or Irish source.   The verse diverges from American spelling conventions of the English language.

the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned

The text itself a dreadful incantation, I pray will not hold sway.  My fellows does one have insight into this work?  I still hold to hope for your response, as it is in character for gentry such as yourselves to respond in kind. 

Forgive my tale if it seems too wide eyed and bleary looking inward.  It is but the truth I inscribe.

My kindest salutations
J.L. Reichl

No comments: