Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Top 5 Sax Songs from the 80's

I have seen several of these top five lists that talk about Saxophone in 80's music.  So far all of them are just plain wrong.  I know most people have this idea that music is subjective but actually no, my taste is just far better than yours.   So in order to help here are the actual best 80's Sax songs.

5. Save it for Later by the English Beat.  Tu Tone ska was all the rage in the early part of the decade.   I think this is supposed to be  the Cavern club or something, seems my sort of place I am the annoyed book reading loner only morbidly obese.  I think the skeleton ad the end is making a cameo as it originally appeared in the Roger Palmer Looking for clues video.







4.   This one is pretty good another fun video.  Everyone else includes who can it be now.  but not me I'm original (yeah this post is real original) I am mentioning their other song.










3. Rick Springfield Human touch now we are fucking talking bady!  A mutant alien playing the sax in a video break down inside a video.   I can not wait for Arcade fire to rip off this song, its a face melter.









2. Kantner Balin Someone with C as their last name KBC Bank.  Song for America.  Sax and America that is pretty much 80's in a nutshell.  Its from hippies so its not totally America Fuck yeah but its cool.










1. Two Suns in the Sunset by Pink Floyd.  Now a bunch of people out there think the Final Cut sucks or don't even know of its existence.  But those people are wrong dead wrong.  No joke this is a bad ass record that take The Wall to a middle aged persons doubts and fears.  The Sax is a beautiful rise that comes in at the end of the song.

No comments: