Monday, August 27, 2012

De Profundis: A return to the epistle form after a southern expedition

My Fellow Gentlemen

My southern expedition completed I return to you.  Our travels to the New Orleans and the Frontier a resounding success.  Alas I was disheartened when not greeted with even a single post.  My expectations were quite high from such esteemed gentlemen as yourselves.

Concerning the maters at hand, I again strolled the lane past Yeats home.  I was astonished to find the stonework marred and brazened by the carbon of a great fire.  Some of the masonry haunted by a faint green hue and lingering sulfurous odor.  Scratch and hew marks seemed to indicate a pitched battle at the location, though I am not given to investigations of the physical.

I believe this story deepens beyond me sirs.  I shall strive beyond boldly but I fear it is larger than just myself.

Wishes for a happier tomorrow
J.L. Reichl

No comments: