Wednesday, October 10, 2012

De Profundis: Only villains and I

My Fellow Gentlemen


I return bewildered and transfixed. The visit paid to Mr. Yeats nights past was in a word queer!  The powers Mr. Yeats spoke of were nay limitless and he claims a firm grasp over their direction.  I find myself much doubting his claims though for true he holds a far greater understanding than I.  He revealed some small fragment of his gift.  My mind still quakes at what was seen.

He also speaks of this Crowley I have had chance to identify.  This one a magus of different sorts has come into conflict with Mr. Yeats in the past.  Quarrels arise to bared arms at present.  As I understand my revelations now I have wandered blind into this conflict and find myself embroiled.

I am unsure how to extricate my person from this battle of wills. Mr. Yeats seeks to enlist my help as spy and go between in this conflict.  He appears to posses little concern for my misgivings and he threatens to cast me back amongst the sheep, warning there are many wolves about.  I hear their jaws snap in hunger all about.

There shall be no hero in this yawn I fear only villains and I.

Yours very truly
J.L. Reichl

No comments: