Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Talking to my kid about illness and death part 2

I guess we are going for surgery tomorrow morning. Everything seems to be happening very quickly, I feel like details are slipping past us.  I understand they are doing a biopsy and will validate what it is before proceeding but it just seems to be going hundreds of miles an hour.  I can tell my mom is scared.  I am trying to be there for her and my dad and my daughter.

I don't know what tomorrow is going to be like. It seems like we are getting up to a chancy situation already. Surgery is not without risk any time but there is the potential for loss of speech and comprehension of words just with this one. 

Even good we are looking at Chemo and radiation which will really weaken her. My mom isn't little or frail so I hope she can  maintain strength but this already seems hard on her.  She is on medication and isn't as sharp as she always has been. 

Again I am not sure what to do with my Daughter she asks if she is going to Grammies everyday. She liked her new daycare but still wants her routine.  My mom is like her second mom.  I don't know how this could effect her, she is at the worst age.  Too young to understand to old to not remember.  Not that I want her to, really i just want her to have more time a few years so she will always remember my mom.

No comments: