Wednesday, September 12, 2012

De Profundis: a curious shoppe

My Fellow Gentlemen

The unpleasantness of evenings past still weighs heavy upon my mind. I find myself a naked babe in a world of wolves that stalks about the edges of perception.  With some direction from out esteemed fellows I have located a curious shoppe in an unsavory district of the city.  Most of the wares appeared to be the shoddy export of some foreign land, though one item spoke to me.

A simple stone with an elder mark of a star.  The shop keep reported its origin one of the islands of Ponape.  The item have returned with a merchant sailor through Dunedin and finally across the pacific to a western port.  The inscribed star whilst painstakingly carved appears haphazard and fluid.  This mark circles a burning eye in green flame. I pray it holds some power to hold back this madness.

I now dwell in fear, my night time strolling ceased. I hope to enbiggen my courage and return to you with further words for this tale.

Yours very Truly
J.L. Reichl

No comments: