Tuesday, November 06, 2012

De Profundis: Mather's Arrives

My Fellow Gentlemen


As it happens Mr. Yeats is but a milk toast pawn in this matter as myself.  I was to meet the bearer of his leash the night past.  A wrapping alerted me to my transom where I found Mr. Yeats in a disheveled state accompanied by the Mathers.  Yeat's introduction was high and formal always giving full dictation of Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mather founder and celebrant of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. I must confess I was taken aback by this Mathers.  His dress appeared an Edwardian approximation of high Egyptian dress and he cared a crosium or crook bound in fragrant flowers. Even in this dead season they appeared vibrant and fresh picked as if taken from the veil of spring.

The issues discussed presented much more detail of the story.  Yeats is but a front for the pair and kept upon an ever shortening leash.  I am too be taken to plow as also befits Mathers will. All of the divine and infernal happenings have been Mathers work.  True Yeats does bear Crowley a bone of contention it is Mathers that writhe with hatred. The two were close bound as a masters and novice in days past.  Now the student seeks to retire the master. 

A constant thorn in this Mathers side was a novel published by Crowley entitled MoonChild.  Therein a character is described woefully which is a caricature of Mathers.  A childish slight for one who would control forces as I have described, though these Magus seem as trumped up children.

Much of the evening informative and instructed me to the inquires I am to make of Crowley when I visit next.  Some small incantations were made most claimed to be balms of protection or other talismans, I can not say.  I feel unaffected but I proceed with this course which surely strives down an unsure path.

Your very truly
J.L. Reichl

No comments: