Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Toy Review: Colorforms Dungeons and Dragons

Toy Archive

This was one of the goofier toys I had as a kid.  I am not sure how I ended up with it really.  I know I was into Dungeons and Dragons and even had some of the figures that a present in this set but I really didn't know what to do with this thing.  I hope I didn't beg for it, because it didn't get much use once I got it home. Sure i played with it but it wasn't a go to toy by any means.

ColorForms had a wide variety of sets for all sorts of things and basically were repeatable stickers that you would use to make some scene.  The "Stickers" were vinyl and would stick with a gentle moistening of the display board.  In this case a dragons treasure horde in dungeon.  You had many of the characters from the D&D LJN action figure line present.  Warduke, Strongheart, Melf, both wizards and the cleric even the troll was there.  The problem was what if you got it to the point where you liked it, the "Stickers" eventually dried and feel off.  For me colorforms were just sort of a bad concept but if you liked them more power to you.  

No comments: